Lonely Mouth Blog: Day 1
WHAT IS LONELY MOUTH? One month without snacks.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY SNACKS? I don’t mean I’m swerving kumquats for a month. I’m talking about those hardcore, quick-fix, sugary, come-meet-me-at-a-cheap-motel-that-charges-by-the-hour snacks. Those horny trollops.
WHY THE HELL AM I DOING THIS? Cos I’m filled with cake and self-loathing after eating like a Roman Emperor for the last two weeks.
ARE THERE ANY RULES? Yeah. Sorry.
WHY DO WE NEED RULES? Because rules turn a vague concept into a plan.
OKAY SO WHAT *ARE* THE RULES? If you want to play along, you should make up your own. We’re all different. But here’s mine:
1. For the month of January I will refrain from eating:
Biscuits Cake Sweets Chocolate Crisps Cheese*
2. I will not stress about weight loss. (Obviously I’d like to shed a few pounds but I’m doing this to FEEL better - brighter, calmer, have more energy)
3. I will be honest about my progress. (We may not agree if a Jaffa cake is a biscuit or cake but it’s most definitely a snack.)
4. I won’t be too hard on myself if I fall off. But I will get straight back on.
5. I won’t be posting comparison photos with my top off. (You don’t need to see my nipples. Trust me though, they’re spectacular.)
6. I will start tomorrow. HA! Still got shitloads of leftovers here. Tomorrow may be lonely mouth but tonight there’s a riot going down inside my pie hole.
*My cheese restriction applies only to ‘standing up cheese’. eg. When you’re making butties for the kids and you inhale half a slab of Red Leicester without blinking. Fucking hell, I love doing that. It’s my Achilles heel and it needs to stop. A bit of parmesan in meals is fine, as long as I don't start necking it from the packet.
JOIN MY MAILING LIST AND GET EACH DAILY BLOG DELIVERED LOVINGLY TO YOUR INBOX. SIGN UP TO THE HOUSE OF AVERY AND GET AN EXCLUSIVE VIDEO VERSION OF EACH POST, PLUS BONUS CONTENT, EXCLUSIVE MERCH AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!